Landcare Research is the custodian of several nationally significant collections
and databases including the Allan Herbarium (CHR), the International Collection
of Micro-organisms from Plants (ICMP), the National New Zealand Flax Collection
(Flax), the New Zealand Arthropod Collection (NZAC) and the New Zealand Fungal and
Plant Disease Collection (PDD). We provide access to information from these five
collections via the SCD as a Public Good resource and welcome feedback to help us
improve the quality, accessibility and use of these data. This website presumes
the end-user has an understanding of the appropriate use and limitations associated
with such data:
- The data are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- The data are presented as they have been recorded on the specimens.
- Some of the data may be inaccurate, incomplete and/or imprecise. Such data will
include, but are not limited to, localities and identifications of specimens.
- Not all specimens held by a given collection have been entered into the database.
Landcare Research accepts no responsibility for any actions taken in reliance on
the contents of this website or consequences arising from the use of it.
Copyright in Data
The data, but not the images, in this web site are made available under Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 New Zealand License.
This allows for the re-distribution of the data and any derivative works based on
the data, provided that the source of the data is acknowledged and that derivative
products are released under the same conditions.
- Whole website:
Landcare Research (YYYY) Systematics Collection Data.
http://scd.landcareresearch.co.nz. (Accessed YYYY-MM-DD).
- Individual collection, for example the New Zealand Arthropod collection (NZAC):
New Zealand Arthropod Collection (YYYY) Specimen data (Accessed through Systematics
Collection Data, http://scd.landcareresearch.co.nz.
Copyright in Website and Images
Landcare Research holds all copyright in the Systematics Collections Data website
and all images in the website, unless indicated otherwise. They may not be reproduced
in whole or part except under licence from Landcare Research or the indicated copyright
Permission to use images will not be unreasonably withheld as the copyright of images
is enforced to ensure that images of specimens are available for all users in perpetuity.
Except as required by law, Landcare Research can not and does not warrant the performance
or results you may obtain by using the SCD website. No warranties, express or implied,
are given as to non-infringement of third party rights, merchantability, or fitness
for any particular purpose.
Limit of Liability
Subject to any liability which may not be excluded or limited by law, Landcare Research
shall not be liable on any legal basis (including, without limitation, negligence)
and hereby expressly excludes all liability for loss or damage howsoever and whenever
- Your Obligations
- By using this site you agree, and are deemed, to be bound by the following Terms.
If you choose not to be bound by the following Terms, then Landcare Research does
not grant you the right to use this site.
- You acknowledge that Landcare Research acts as the provider of this website.
- You agree that you will not attempt to alter this site nor employ any robot, spider,
or other device or process or means whatever to use this site for any unauthorised
- You agree not to:
- make excessive traffic demands;
- deliver viruses or forward any other system which is of a destructive nature or
capable of so being whether alone or in combination;
- otherwise engage in any other behaviour that may be reasonably expected to inhibit
other users from using and enjoying the site;
- damage or destroy the reputation of Landcare Research.
- You also acknowledge that Landcare Research may suspend the operation of the SCD
website for repair or maintenance work or in order to update the contents or functionality
of the website.
- Landcare Research’s Obligations
- We accept no obligation to monitor the use of this site. However, we reserve the
right to disclose any information as required by law, to block access to you, your
agents, associates or your company and take such other action as may be reasonably
necessary to prevent any breach of these terms and conditions or any breach of applicable
- We will, at our absolute discretion, fully co-operate with the relevant authorities
with respect to any investigation of suspected unlawful activity or violation of
the website's security.
- We do not warrant that the SCD website or the internet generally will be uninterruptible
or error free or that any information, software or other material accessible from
this site is free of viruses or other harmful components.
- We are not responsible for any information contained on sites which this website
provides links to, nor any third party content which can be accessed through this
website. The inclusion of any link to a website is not an endorsement of the linked
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the BCD website for any reason without
notice at any time.